Sunday, March 22, 2009

The Dress

A wedding dress is not just a clothing that brides wear during a wedding ceremony, it is THE DRESS. Period. Well, at least for me.

When my relationship with Nico started getting serious, I found myself surfing for wedding gowns every now and then. When we finally talked about getting married, I opened my secret folder filed at yahoo briefcase and was surprised to see a looooooot. I had to delete everything since most of them looks something like a costume. Yuck.
Good thing that I know myself now and I have a very clear idea on how I would look for my wedding day. Finding a designer or a couturier for my dream gown took a lot of researching but not really that hard. I though I wanted to have my gown made a certain designer popular in a yahoo group but then I realized that I don't want to look like most of her brides.

Last February, when I finally had a wedding theme in mind, I set up an appointment with one of a designer based in Munlinlupa. The usual getting to know each other conversation and he made a sketch for my gown. An OMG moment for me. I loooove it! I can't even explain but it's so Ayen! I knew he's the one. It took me two weeks to book him since I want to make sure he also have positive feedbacks from past and present clients.

I wish I could show everyone my gown so you'll know what I'm gushing about. But I'm really saving it for my walk down the aisle. I would only allow few people to see it since I'm hoping for the surprise/wow factor on that day. You can send me a message, I'll see if I can show it to you. Hehehe.

Anyway, you may visit our wedding website http://ayenico.weddingannouncer.com/ for more information regarding our wedding. Its not complete yet but I'll try to update it every now and then. Feel free to sign our guestbook.

No comments: