Tuesday, August 22, 2017

Work At Home Mom

For a long time, I wanted to spend more time with my son. Not just the quality but the quantity. Working for a BPO company, no matter how great he benefits are, just won't me the satisfaction I was looking for eversince I become a mom. I've contemplated long and hard; weighted the Pros and Cons; consulted people. In the end, I decided to resign from the company that provided for me and my family for 11 years. 

So what's the next option for me? A home-based job. I had second thoughts about this at first. I was worried that it won't be enough to help with the bills. Luckily for me, I was able to find a good home-based job a month after I resigned. All I needed was a good internet connection, a backup wifi, a laptop, and the skills I learned from working in a BPO company. It was a struggle at first because I have no one to physically assist me, I have to rely on good old google to find the information I need. After two months, I was breezing through it. Not only did it gave me the time to spend with my son, it also paid well, just like when I was working for a BPO company. My son was just happy that he can now sleep and wake up with me by his side and not with his grandparents. It was a priceless moment indeed.

image by Google


Not all home-based jobs are good, mind you. I heard of several pinoys who were scammed by their clients. Some jobs also have weird requirements like dressing sexily while on cam with her boss. Another job I found online was a chat support for dating sites so one must be witty enough to answer the "customers" when they ask you "personal" questions. Goodness, I'm not that desperate noh! 

For those moms who are also considering this path, don't be afraid. Despite the risks, it is so rewarding, I tell you. It may be a struggle at first just like any new beginnings, but once you get the hang of it, it's really fulfilling. More than everything, the guilt I would feel every time I leave my son to my parents or in laws' care is no longer there.

No comments: