Tuesday, December 22, 2015

A New Beginning

I'm To be honest, I've been absent from this blog for several months that I almost gave up on blogging. Don't get me wrong, it's not that I don't want to share my boring life but because I just can't find time for it anymore. I thought I could handle my job, motherhood, and blogging at the same time, but I couldn't. No matter how hard I tried, I just couldn't. When everyone was taking pictures so they can post on Instagram or Facebook, I think of posting on my blog and sharing  the story behind that picture. I ALWAYS think of blogging because it has been my outlet over the years - my not-so-private diary if I may say. But things had to change. The hour or two I spend in blogging was a LOT of time for a working mom of a pre-schooler. Blogging just had to take a backseat.
I may not often like Change but it happens and one must simply adapt to it. Recent changes in my line of work required me to think about my plans. Add to it the challenges my son is going through at school, I felt it was a sign for me to prioritize my family and pursue a different career. I guess this was a perfect time for me to end my BPO career and start focusing as a mother.
I was excited as I was handling my resignation letter to my boss. I'll get to spend a lot of time with my family soon! And I'll be able to blog more often! Reality began to sink in after a day. I am now terrified and anxious. Financially, it will be a challenge for my family until I find a part time work at home job. I also think about my son's behavior. Of course my husband was involved with this decision. It has been a constant talk between us and weighing in the pros and the cons. At the end of the day, our son's welfare is still the most important factor. Like any uncharted territory, it could be scary but it could also be rewarding. I just have to stay positive and believe that we can get through this as a family.

No comments: