Saturday, July 19, 2014

House House Baby

I've been busy for the last few months. As much as I want to update my blog, I just couldn't find the time. You see, we moved to my parent's place because our house is under going a renovation. It's actually more of a remodeling than a renovation. The house must be raised up so we'll avoid being flooded. We've experienced this for the last two years and we just don't want to go through it again.
 
We initially plan a small renovation but my in laws wanted to remodel the house. I admit that we're not financially capable of this home improvement but we're lucky our in laws are giving us a loan. Yes, a loan, because we very much intend to pay them back.
 
It is a lot of work. Living with my parents also adds stress in my life. Maybe it's because I'm used to living on our own that I just can't stand living in a house where I can't control everything. I've experienced being a queen in a castle so I certainly don't want to live in another queen's castle.
 
Nevertheless, I enjoy looking at home designs, style, and furniture. I remember the first time we moved to a new house - financially draining but emotionally fulfilling. It's almost the same right now but I believe we are now smarter. We want something practical and sturdy now rather than cheap with poor quality. But one thing I will never compromise is my dream chandelier in our dining room. I've wanted this piece eversince we moved but we just don't have enough money at that time. Besides, it didn't go with our house then so this idea was scrapped, until this time.
  
 
I saw this picture online that will serve as our inspiration for our home. I like the padded wall in this picture but it might not be practical. Maybe we'll just get a padded headboard for our bed? Haha! I also wanted a Daphne chair but I don't think my husband would agree because of the price. I thought about having it copied but it just wouldn't be the same. Might as well drop this idea. Anyway, I'll just post pictures once its done.
 

No comments: