Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Party Planning Part 2

My husband just gave me the go signal to start planning for my son's third birthday! Yehey! How exciting can this be?! I suddenly remember the themes I wanted for my son's birthday... 

1st birthday: race car
2nd: mickey mouse
3rd: circus / carnival
4th: safari
5th: construction
6th: nautical
7th: soccer

I might need to scrath this list. I forgot to think that my son will develope his own likes and preferences as he grows up. My son loves eveything Disney Jr. But I know his top 3 favorites are Hi 5, Mickey Mouse, and Jake and the Neverland Pirates. We had a Mickey Mouse theme for his second birthday at home so I'm thinking of having the Jake/pirates theme for his third. Like an obssessed mommy planner, I googled a lot of ideas to make this work. I just got so giddy and excited by looking at these pics because I'm certain my little one will looove it as well.


photo from google.. love this cake!

photo from google... cupcakes and invites

photo from google.... decors

I got a lot if things to consider now, the most important - BUDGET. When I checked one of the forums, I was surprised that some of the parties cost more than six digits! That was crazy!! I wish I have that kind of money. But then again, I don't think I'd spend that much for a kid's birthday party. I'm sure those parents have their reasons but it wouldn't be that practical for me or my family. 

What can I do to have a six-digit-looking party but costs less? DIY. It's the only choice. I'm confident and artistic enough to say that I'll be able to recreate some of the decors and ideas I found online. Since party itself is more than five months away, I'll have plenty of time to stimulate the artist in me.

No comments: