Tuesday, May 11, 2010

iVote

I was excited to vote yesterday since this will be the first automated elections in the Philippines. While in the office, I kept on checking Facebook on my mobile for my friends' reaction or just anything about the election. Their status worried me because I don't want to wait for 3 hours in the sun waiting for my turn to vote. So I was expecting the worst when I went home after lunch in Las Pinas to vote. I felt relieved when I was able to finish voting in less than 15 minutes!

It was a different story in Muntinlupa, where I accompanied my husband to vote as well. The people in charge were sooo disorganized! Although the queue is short, the volunteers, poll watchers, etc, didn't have a clue where the line begins or what's the next step. Anyway, he might have finished everything after more than 30 minutes. Still pretty fast compare to others' 3 hours.


Today, as I read newspapers and watch the news, I felt sooo disappointed. I didn't vote for Noynoy Aquino, but I guess I'm half expecting that he'll turn out to be number one. But Erap in the number two spot?! C'mon! A convicted plunderer? What is wrong with us Filipinos? Are my countrymen really that stupid? Or are they just blinded by Erap's charm. Oh well, atleast Noy Noy is winning.

**photo taken from yahoo news

1 comment:

JHEN said...

I'm not a voter and I'm with Noy noy too ^. but hey. i'm with Erap too. hehehe. \/ peace tayo ^^. Go NOY!