Saturday, June 27, 2009

A Well-Deserved Vacation

After six painstakingly long months, I was able to use my vacation leaves for a trip to Boracay with my friends and a friend's officemate. It was one of those trips where I wasn't with my niccolo so I was excited (not in a naughty kind of way okay?) I think (hopefully not) this will be the last time I'll be travelling as a single woman since in less than 6 months I'll be married to the man I love. So this is actually my last hurrah.

Day 1
When we arrived in Caticlan via Cebu Pacific, I was wishing it would rain since it was too hot for my skin to bear. I won't want to go home looking like an Aeta. We reached Recidencia Boracay at around 11:00 am so we unpacked ur things, had lunch at D'Mall, and lounge a little till it was 5:00 pm. Went to the beach, took turns posing and picture taking on the beautiful scenery of Boracay. Went back to our rooms and had an eat-all-you can dinner at D'Mall again. I was thinking of my niccolo. He would loved it here. Anyway, tomorrow will be a busy day.

This was the day we did all our planned water activities like island hopping, snorkeling, para sailing, banana boat, and fly fish ride. I love the weather since it was raining a bit and so sun to burn my sensitive skin. I wasn't able to do para sailing since I promised my niccolo that we'll do it together. Despite that, I loved everything except the fly fish. I don't even want to talk about it since I myself was surprise that I cried. Maybe sue to exhaustion and the near presence of typhoon "Feria."

Woke up early to the sound of strong wind and rain. "Feria" was in Aklan! I know I was wishing that it would rain in Boracay but I never wished for a typhoon. As they say, "Be careful what you wish for." But typhoon or no typhoon, nothing can stop us girls who just wanna have fun! We found fun playing with the waves but it was a bit tiring though. Mother nature is really powerful! We spend the rest of the day at D'Mall afterwards. By this time, all the flights from Manila to Caticlan and vice versa were already cancelled.
I am so smart! *Sarcasm* I forgot to bring my camera's charger so I have no more pictures to share. Hahaha! It was our last day. I was anxious since we're not sure if flights going back to Manila had resumed but we still packed our belongings just to be prepared. Three hours before our flights, we were informed that it was, so "Bye Bye" we said to Boracay. At the Caticlan airport, it was announced that the runway can't be used since a plane from ZestAir was damaged when it landed. We were instructed to proceed to Kalibo, Aklan so we an fly back home to Manila. We were actually stranded for 6 hours (I know it was too much.) Finally at 5:30pm we boarded the plane and flew back to Manila.
I missed home. I missed my niccolo. And I missed my Farm Town. Hahaha! A lot more had happened, I'm just too lazy to blog about everything. I'll just post more pictures soon.

No comments: