Thursday, October 9, 2008

12.08.2009

Okay... Let's begin this 14-month wedding preparations. Buckle up people, it's gonna be a bumpy ride! First stop is to book the church, St. James the Great.

Done!

We’ve finally taken the first step in our preparations. Finally! After a lot of arguments and anxiety (at least for me) regarding the date and whether or not we should reserve the church this early, we’ve went there and booked St. James the Great in Alabang for 10:00 AM, next year. (Note: wasn't able to take pictures of the church of the church so i just "grabbed" these included the its respective links)

http://family.webshots.com/photo/1464701916078540587PQpwXR

http://digitalformat.blogspot.com/2007/12/st-james-great-parish.html

Choosing our wedding date is really important to me. I don't want to choose just any other Saturdays of December. I want it to be special, to be meaningful. When Nico and I started discussing about our wedding plans, I wanted for it to fall on our anniversary or the day we've met. March 1 is too early for us. We don't have enough money in our savings yet so the only other perfect choice would be on December 8. The only problem is that it falls on a Tuesday and it's the feast of the immaculate conception so we're not sure if catholic churches allow weddings on that day. And I'm glad they do. Hay salamat...

Now, the only thing that bothers me is that the day itself will fall on, again, a Tuesday! I'm not sure if my guests would be able to file a vacation leave on that day. But I really hope they do, specially my barkadas and cousin Epi, who's currently residing in Italy. I want to share with them an important milestone in my life.

Anyway, we still have a looong way to go before the wedding day itself, a lot of things can still happen.

Next stop would be the venue and reception... the bloodiest of them all....

5 comments:

Mhei said...

congratulations my friend..i'm soooo proud of you and nico :) mmwwwaahhhhh

Mhei said...

congratulations my friend..i'm soooo proud of you and nico :) mmwwwaahhhhh

Mhei said...

congratulations my friend..i'm soooo proud of you and nico :) mmwwwaahhhhh

DENG said...

Hello Ayen,

I am wondering what have you started as regards to your caterer and reception venue..

By the way, I forgot to tell you, Dec 8 is a special holiday at my work. I suppose you remember that catholic schools observe the feast of the immaculate conception.

Good thing, I can say that I'm 99% sure of our attendace (me, my hubby and kids)on your wedding day. This will be exciting for me, as you know, I already missed Pia and Tonee's church wedding.

Keep your cool and go through the preparations bit by bit.

Jepoy aka "epi" said...

Tayennnn....nice onee...at last you're getting married.....
so if december 8 is not sure...what day should it be??
in fact mama allowed me to go there in the philippines and i think i'll celebrate xmas and new year there...mmmhhh...hehe...
i've got a surprise for you on your special day but promise me that i'll be your bestman....wahahahah(jowk...)

God bless and best wishes in advance....Mizusomuchhh.....Regards to all especially mama,papa,kuya archie,kuya niko and barkadang MP..mwahmwah...