Thursday, March 10, 2016

My Reward Bag: Balenciaga Mini City

After 11 years of working for my previous company, I got myself a new bag. This is my reward bag for all those years of dealing with irate customers. Well technically, it's not really new because it's preloved by a reputable seller. The previous owner sells designer bags and she said she's selling this bag because she just changes bag whenever she feels like it (lucky her!) I'm glad that I was able to get this bag since I've been drooling about this bag for several months now. It's not on my previous list of bags I posted before but I like this one because I wanted something small and light - a contrast to my Pashli bag. At first, I was hesitant with Balenciaga bags because I've read they have soft leather (lambskin). I don't want to a bag that can easily be damaged by scratches. I wanted goatskin or calf skin since they're more durable and strong. But after reading and watching lots of online reviews, I was convinced that Balenciagas are not that delicate like what I've imagined as long as you're taking good care of your bag. 

So without further ado, here's my new baby! Its official name is Balenciaga Agneau Giant Mini City Gris Tarmac. 




Balenciaga Agneau Giant Mini City Gris Tarmac

I never thought I'm going to say it, but I love the beautifully crafted distressed agneau lambskin! It's very soft and very lightweight too! I don't fill this bag with too much stuff, just the essentials, and it's still very lightweight. With regards to its color, I think gray is a perfect color for me. I can wear it with most of my outfits which consist of jeans and long dresses. 

Like any other designer bag, I think Balenciaga bags do need to be taken care of. This would be a challenge for me because I have the tendency to just toss my bag inside my closet. Also, liquid should be kept away from this bag to prevent the color from fading but what should I do if I have sweaty hands? Isn't sweat a form of liquid too? That's the only dilemma that I have have. Thankfully, it has a strap so I don't have to carry it in my arm at all, I can just carry it around my shoulder. Overall, I do love this bag because it's so easy to carry and very stylish. I know I made the right choice, just look at the other celebrities who have the same bag like me. 

Kylie Jenner and Shakira

Kourtney Kardashian, Adriana Lima, and Lindsey Lohan

2 comments:

Cindy said...

that's one nice bag, karen!

Jacqueline Uy said...

Wow :) You're lucky that the previous owner took good care of her bag :) Ang ganda!