Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Valentines

February 14, Valentine's Day.

A dreaded and stressful day for just anybody, whether single or attached. For guys, you have to make reservations for the restaurants, buy flowers and chocolates. For girls, you have to go through all these beautification process for your man. Not only that, you also have to go through hours of traffic to reach your destination, when normally it would only take you an hour to get there.


These are some of the reasons why my niccolo and I wont celebrate Valentines on the said date, we agreed that we can celebrate it a day after, although to tell you honestly, im a bit hesitant because despite all those reasons I still want to experience those stressful things.
Ok, so when finally that day came, i felt excited in a way. I just felt that something will happen. Ok, I admit, I'm hoping my niccolo would send me flowers and chocolates. I've been dropping obvious hints that I wanted one.
Waiting... still waiting... patience is a virtue... waiting in vain... hay... finally at the end of the day, i gave up. No flowers and chocolates were delivered, just a simple text greeting.
I just have to admit to myself that my boyfriend is not too much of a romantic stuff. But I love him anyway!
Next day, Feb.15, i went to the office, my niccolo was late (as usual!) We had our pre-shift meeting, Nico joined a few minutes before we finished the briefing. We went back to our stations and lo and behold...

a can of belgian chocolate is on my table! I couldn't believe it! My niccolo have a few surprises out of his sleeves after all! I really though he didnt care. I felt guilty after all those things I thought of him. I feel like crying, Im such a jerk! I promise myself that I'm going to make up for that. I know he wasnt aware anyway, but I will really make up for it. He deserves to be rewarded with all the efforts he exerted.
Anyway, the chocolates? Oh I looove it!! I love chocolates! and I love much much more my niccolo!

No comments: