Saturday, August 24, 2024

From Busy to Busier

I'm writing today and taking a short break from my busy mom life a.k.a. exhaustion, where I've been living for what feels like an eternity. You know, the usual – mom duties, household chores, work responsibilities, and a bit of procrastination. But you know what, no matter how busy I get, I always find a way to add more to my plate. I get annoyed at myself then I laugh realizing how stupid that sounds. 

My usual day consist of waking up really early to prepare the kids' baon, braving the morning rush to get them to school on time. Afterwards, I try to keep up with my toddler's demands for snacks and attention while simultaneously juggling a million other tasks like cleaning the house, sorting toys, making sure my kids' assignments and projects are ready for next day. And yet, I still managed to convince myself that I needed to start a new side hustle, finish the pile of my TBR book file, enroll my kids to sports/music classes, and learn how more things to craft. Did I mention that I'll be starting my driving lessons soon?

Yes, you read that right, crafting like stickers, keychain, leather, and crochet. I already have most of the materials ready. I mean, what's the point of having a spare moment when you can spend it trying to create something that will probably end up  up looking like a second graders' project? But hey, at least I'll be busy, right?

And don't even get me started on social media. This is my work, my niche. I should be pretty fed up scrolling everyday looking for influencers to collaborate with (sometimes I am actually) but I still can't get enough of checking my IG feed. I just can't resist looking for new toys, interior design, and of course the latest local and international chismis. Add the Tiktok, X feeds, plus Lazada and Shopee, and I'm done. Nothing accomplished! The following day will be a busy day for sure no thanks to me. Hahaha!

image not mine

But seriously, what's going on with us busy moms? Why do we feel the need to keep adding more and more to our plates? Is it some kind of masochistic desire to see how much we can handle before we collapse? Or are we just trying to prove something to ourselves (or others)? 

For me, it's a little bit of both. I mean, sure, there's a part of me that's just trying to keep up with everything. But there's also a part of me that's genuinely excited about trying new things and pushing myself outside of my comfort zone.

I know I'm not alone in this crazy journey. So if you're out there, fellow busy moms (and even titas), let's comfort each other and laugh about our shared struggles. Maybe even share what other activities we should try next time? I'm thinking of doing pottery soon.. Oops! Maybe I'll add that to my ever growing list for the next year's activities. 


No comments: